I Can Take Your Fiction from Good to Great!
Six Fiction Essentials
- Your main character must want something intensely
- show, don’t tell
- reveal background information on the characters via dialogue/action
- create an interior monologue (reflection) to let the characters do the explaining while they are thinking
- is the point of view working? This is BIG!
- reveal background information gradually, not all at once.
I offer Fiction Boot Camps, Fiction Editing Webinars and one-on-one Fiction mentoring!
Fiction Editing Boot Camp with Alice Osborn
Location: Online Webinar Series (Call numbers will be provided upon registration)
Three consecutive Tuesdays: Jan 14, 21st and 28th from 1-2:15 pm
Register Online Here
This intensive online workshop series is for both editors and authors of fiction who are interested in breaking into freelance fiction editing or who want to advance their skills. This three-week series will cover the publishing process and will give you confidence with specific editing concerns such as timelines, characters, point of view, revision and more. The lessons will also cover logic, flow, voice, point of view, characterization, setting, and more. On the freelance editing business end, we’ll also discuss time management, communication, and other smart business practices. This webinar series will be recorded so you won’t miss the lesson if you cannot make the “live” class.