I Can Take Your Fiction from Good to Great!
Six Fiction Essentials
- Your main character must want something intensely
- show, don’t tell
- reveal background information on the characters via dialogue/action
- create an interior monologue (reflection) to let the characters do the explaining while they are thinking
- is the point of view working? This is BIG!
- reveal background information gradually, not all at once.
I offer Fiction Boot Camps, Fiction Editing Webinars and one-on-one Fiction mentoring!
Find Your Character’s Motivation Through Finding Nemo
April 21–May 4, 2014 Tuition: $30 (basic member) and $20 (premium member)
Register Online via www.SavvyAuthors.com or Click Here
What does your fictional character really want? How do you create memorable characters so fresh and clever your reader will always remember them? Finding Nemo has created one of the most believable characters in twenty-first century film. In this workshop we’ll study Nemo to tell us how to create riveting and complex main characters who will drive our story and connect with our readers. We’ll also examine Joseph Campbell’s The Hero’s Journey, depicted in The Hero with a Thousand Faces, to learn how this film reflects the Hero’s Journey and how studying Nemo can inform our own fictional characters.